Excerpts are taken from Bonnie Trude's Bible Study "A Woman More Precious Than Jewels". I have added my own personal notes along with quotes from the study that stand out to me.
Proverbs 31:10 ~ Who can find a virtuous woman? For her price is far above rubies.
- Gems are precious because they are rare, and a true woman of God is both precious and rare!
- I want to know HOW to be a true woman of God by understanding His role for me.
The Reason For and Goal of this Study
1 Peter 3:7 ~ Likewise, ye husbands, dwell with them according to knowledge, giving honour unto the wife, as unto the weaker vessel, and as being heirs together of the grace of life; that your prayers be not hindered.
Galatians 3:26-28 ~ For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus. For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ. There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female; for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.
- We are joint heirs, equal in the eyes of God, no one is better or higher than the other, husbands are not considered more important than the wives.
Ephesians 5:21-24 ~ Submitting yourselves one to another in the fear of God. Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as unto the Lord; For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church; and He is the Saviour of the body. Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in everything.
1 Peter 3:1 ~ Likewise, ye wives, be in subjection to your own husbands; that, if any obey not the Word, they also may without the word be won by the conversation of the wives; While they behold your chaste conversation coupled with fear. Whose adorning let it not be that outward adorning of plaiting the hair, and of wearing of gold, or of putting on of apparel; But let it be the hidden man of the heart, in that which is not corruptible, even the ornament of a meek and quiet spirit, which is in the sight of God of great price. For after this manner in the old time the holy women also, who trusted in God, adorned themselves, being in subjection unto their own husbands; Even as Sara obeyed Abraham, calling him lord; whose daughter ye are, as long as ye do well, and are not afraid with any amazement.
Colossians 3:18-19 ~ Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as is fit in the Lord. Husbands, love your wives, and be not bitter against them.
- God wants us to know these differences and be the women He created us to be.
- There's a particular reason we must obey God's way in this … "that the Word of God be not blasphemed" (discredited)
- Other people make an estimate of the value of Christ in a life and a home as they observe us. Do we make other want Him or is God being exposed to reproach because of us?
- God's ultimate aim in and through us is to glorify Himself - to exalt, complete and fulfill Himself.
- If a woman will allow her light to shine, her home will literally become a "light house"to those around her!
- God is calling ME to submit and obey HIM … He tells me that I must submit to my husband in everything. Do I really think God will not honour my obedience and protect me even if my husband does not do his part?
Dear Gracious Heavenly Father,
Please forgive me for my disobedience to You. I have forgotten to Whom my loyalties lie. Your Word says to obey and submit yet I do not because I want to be in control and do things my way. I want my husband to be and act the way I want him to. But Father, it is so terrible hard to carry out this command when I feel so unloved. My heart's desire is to be happy and to enjoy my marriage. I fear that my marriage will never be that way. I have heard and read that I must just focus on You and allow You to fill the void in my life. My husband may never love me the way I desire, but I can always know that YOU WILL. You have promised to never leave me nor forsake me. Though I feel forsaken and neglected by my earthly husband, YOU can be ALL that I need instead. Father, please help me to accept your Word and to obey it. Please take away my fear. To obey is better than sacrifice. Please help me to obey so that I may be the true woman of God that You created me to be.